Why an electric car?
- Electric car can be charged with renewable energy, minimizing the emissions.
- Any electricity production method cuts down greenhouse gas emissions.
- Electricity can be produced locally even by yourself. Distributed and clean energy production.
- With electric car you aren't a part of the problem but a part of the solution
- City pollution
- Environmental damages caused by oil and gasoline
- Oil reserves are drying up
- Oil wars
- Dependency on import energy
* Hydrogen, biofuel and hybrid cars are left far behind…
- In electric motor over 95% of electricity is transformed to movement (fuel engine is around 20-30%).
- Electric car travels twice as far as the others with the same amount of energy.
- Driving is three times cheaper per kilometer than with gasoline.
- Less energy is used and electricity is cheaper compared to fuels.
- Needs very little maintenance and spare parts.
- A handful of moving parts (hundreds in a fuel engine).
- No gearbox, no clutch, no oil changes…
- Electric motor can last over a million kilometers.
- Every braking brings energy back to batteries.
- Maximum torque from the start.
- Smooth acceleration: no need for a gearbox!
- Power for acceleration not directly related to consumption => comfort and economy in the same package.
page revision: 6, last edited: 21 Nov 2008 18:38